This is a paid public announcement from Aptevo and does not constitute an endorsement of products or services. When you click on the links in this blog entry, you will be directed to the IXINITY website. LA Kelley Communications always advises you to be a savvy consumer when contacting any company; do not reveal identifying information against your will.
FACTOR IT FORWARD
As part of the IXINITY experience, every IXINITY patient has the opportunity to give back to the US factor IX community just by choosing to infuse. When your healthcare professional enrolls in the program, for every 10 IU of IXINITY distributed, 1 IU is donated to factor IX families in need across the United States. That means a nine who infuses 4000 IU twice a week helps FACTOR IT FORWARD donate more than 40,000 units a year to US factor IX families in need!
Learn more at IXINITY.com
Sign the 9
Sign the 9 is another way you can help give back to your community. When you Sign the 9, every signature received will make 9 IU available for donation to people in need across the United States as part of the FACTOR IT FORWARD program for IXINITY.
Already this year, almost 1,000 people have signed the 9! It’s another step we’re all taking to make sure we leave no nine behind. Connect with your local rep, or if you plan to attend the National Hemophilia Foundation Bleeding Disorders Conference in Anaheim, CA on October 3-5, be sure to stop by and Sign the 9!
LIVE LIFE YOUR WAY WITH IXINITYPredictable bleed control for your unpredictable life
- In a clinical trial, 71% of bleeding episodes were resolved with 1 infusion and 13% were resolved with 2 infusions.1 Individual response may vary
- IXINITY has an average incremental recovery of 98%1
- 24-hour half-life for peak factor IX levels when you need them1
INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is IXINITY®?
IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] is a medicine used to replace clotting factor (factor IX) that is missing in adults and children at least 12 years of age with hemophilia B. Hemophilia B is also called congenital factor IX deficiency or Christmas disease. Hemophilia B is an inherited bleeding disorder that prevents clotting. Your healthcare provider may give you IXINITY to control and prevent bleeding episodes or when you have surgery.
IXINITY is not indicated for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR IXINITY
- You should not use IXINITY if you are allergic to hamsters or any ingredients in IXINITY.
- You should tell your healthcare provider if you have or have had medical problems, take any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements, or herbal remedies, have any allergies, including allergies to hamsters, are nursing, are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or have been told that you have inhibitors to factor IX.
- You can experience an allergic reaction to IXINITY. Contact your healthcare provider or get emergency treatment right away if you develop a rash or hives, itching, tightness of the throat, chest pain, or tightness, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, or fainting.
- Your body may form inhibitors to IXINITY. An inhibitor is part of the body’s defense system. If you develop inhibitors, it may prevent IXINITY from working properly. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure you are carefully monitored with blood tests for development of inhibitors to IXINITY.
- If you have risk factors for developing blood clots, the use of IXINITY may increase the risk of abnormal blood clots.
- Call your healthcare provider right away about any side effects that bother you or do not go away, or if your bleeding does not stop after taking IXINITY.
- The most common side effect that was reported with IXINITY during clinical trials was headache.
- These are not all the side effects possible with IXINITY. You can ask your healthcare provider for information that is written for healthcare professionals.
Reference: 1. IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] prescribing information. Seattle, WA: Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC; December 2018.
Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC, Seattle, WA 98121
IXINITY® [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] and any and all Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC brand, product, service and feature names, logos, and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
©2019 Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC. All rights reserved. CM-FIX-0327