share this inspiring story of a young man with hemophilia B named James. Please read below to learn about his
story and his choice of treatment.
Watch James share his story at IXINITY.com.
Interested in learning more about IXINITY? Connect with a Hemophilia Territory Manager near you at MyIXINITYRep.com.
And remember, this is James’ experience; different people may have different results. You should always talk to your doctor to decide which treatment is right for you.
“Since birth I’ve used different hemophilia B products, and regardless of treatment, I continued to have breakthrough bleeds most every other week. I felt I had no control over my health, and that led me down a bad path as I started making some unhealthy choices in my teen years.
When I was 21, I saw an ad for a clinical trial of a new recombinant hemophilia B treatment. I thought, ‘I have nothing to lose.’
After a few weeks in the clinical trial, I stopped having bleeds almost entirely. I realized I didn’t know what feeling good felt like. I felt more in control, and it was a liberating experience.
One day I decided to go running—I don’t know what made me decide to because I’d never really done it before. But I thought, ‘I’m just going to go for a run,’ and about a mile later, I thought, ‘Huh! This is awesome’
After talking with my doctor, I’ve now developed a habit of running 3 times each week with my dog, and exercising regularly.
To be honest, switching to IXINITY was the best decision I ever made. I don’t feel like someone with hemophilia; I forget I even have it.”
See more of James’ journey at IXINITY.com.
James’ experience with IXINITY may not be typical. Speak with your doctor to see if IXINITY is the right treatment for you.
The content of this post is provided and sponsored by Aptevo Therapeutics.
IXINITY INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is IXINITY®?
IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] is a medicine used to replace clotting factor (factor IX) that is missing in adults and children at least 12 years of age with hemophilia B. Hemophilia B is also called congenital factor IX deficiency or Christmas disease. Hemophilia B is an inherited bleeding disorder that prevents clotting. Your healthcare provider may give you IXINITY to control and prevent bleeding episodes or when you have surgery.
IXINITY is not indicated for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for IXINITY®
• You should not use IXINITY if you are allergic to hamsters or any ingredients in IXINITY.
• You should tell your healthcare provider if you have or have had medical problems, take any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements, or herbal remedies, have any allergies, including allergies to hamsters, are nursing, are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or have been told that you have inhibitors to factor IX.
• You can experience an allergic reaction to IXINITY. Contact your healthcare provider or get emergency treatment right away if you develop a rash or hives, itching, tightness of the throat, chest pain, or tightness, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, or fainting.
• Your body may form inhibitors to IXINITY. An inhibitor is part of the body’s defense system. If you develop inhibitors, it may prevent IXINITY from working properly. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure you are carefully monitored with blood tests for development of inhibitors to IXINITY.
• If you have risk factors for developing blood clots, the use of IXINITY may increase the risk of abnormal blood clots.
• Call your healthcare provider right away about any side effects that bother you or do not go away, or if your bleeding does not stop after taking IXINITY.
• The most common side effect that was reported with IXINITY during clinical trials was headache.
• These are not all the side effects possible with IXINITY. You can ask your healthcare provider for information that is written for healthcare professionals.
For more information about IXINITY, please see full Prescribing Information, including Important Patient Information.
You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to the Food and Drug Administration. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC, Berwyn, PA 19312
IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] and any and all Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC brand, product, service and feature names, logos, and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
© 2016 Aptevo Biotherapeutics. All rights reserved. CM-FIX-0093