Just B: Because Life Is Bigger Than Hemophilia B
Joe spent years struggling to find the bleed control he was searching for, until he heard about a clinical trial for a new recombinant product—which was eventually approved as IXINITY. Now he says, “Since switching to IXINITY, I have not yet had a breakthrough bleed. Overall, it really comes down to coverage for me. Coverage means that I have one less thing to worry as much about, that I can make plans, try different things, and know that I can rely on IXINITY when I need it.”
Just Being Nathan
With a history of breakthrough bleeds, Nathan felt like he couldn’t live the life he wanted while managing his hemophilia B. After doing his research and talking to his doctor about IXINITY, he says, “Since switching, I’m more willing to just jump in and go because I’m confident that I’m covered with IXINITY. I’m even more open about having hemophilia because I’m not feeling held back by it.”
IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] is a medicine used to replace clotting factor (factor IX) that is missing in adults and children at least 12 years of age with hemophilia B. Hemophilia B is also called congenital factor IX deficiency or Christmas disease. Hemophilia B is an inherited bleeding disorder that prevents clotting. Your healthcare provider may give you IXINITY to control and prevent bleeding episodes or when you have surgery.IXINITY is not indicated for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B.IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for IXINITY®
- You should not use IXINITY if you are allergic to hamsters or any ingredients in IXINITY.
- You should tell your healthcare provider if you have or have had medical problems, take any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements, or herbal remedies, have any allergies, including allergies to hamsters, are nursing, are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or have been told that you have inhibitors to factor IX.
- You can experience an allergic reaction to IXINITY. Contact your healthcare provider or get emergency treatment right away if you develop a rash or hives, itching, tightness of the throat, chest pain, or tightness, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, or fainting.
- Your body may form inhibitors to IXINITY. An inhibitor is part of the body’s defense system. If you develop inhibitors, it may prevent IXINITY from working properly. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure you are carefully monitored with blood tests for development of inhibitors to IXINITY.
- If you have risk factors for developing blood clots, the use of IXINITY may increase the risk of abnormal blood clots.
- Call your healthcare provider right away about any side effects that bother you or do not go away, or if your bleeding does not stop after taking IXINITY.
- The most common side effect that was reported with IXINITY during clinical trials was headache.
- These are not all the side effects possible with IXINITY. You can ask your healthcare provider for information that is written for healthcare professionals.
For more information about IXINITY, please see full Prescribing Information, including Important Patient Information.
Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC, Berwyn, PA 19312IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] and any and all Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC brand, product, service and feature names, logos, and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
© 2018 Aptevo Biotherapeutics. All rights reserved. CM-FIX-0259